Wednesday, July 23, 2014

A Tiny Miracle

I had mentioned in my last post that a very dear friend of mine had a baby girl. I think all babies are reason to celebrate. This little one however, has her own cause for celebration. Not only is she the first girl after 2 boys, but she was born on my friend's mom's birthday. Her mom passed away from cancer last year. I had more that I was going to say about this, but I'm getting teary-eyed, so I will just leave it at that and move on to sharing what I've done.

The page layout is from the Tiny Miracle SVG Kit from SVG Cuts. I don't know what it is about scrapbooking, but it feels very intimidating to me. I just can't seem to wrap my brain around it. So, I love that Mary at SVG Cuts is brilliant and all you have to do is choose your paper, the layout is already done! I had the Echo Park Bundle of Joy Boy paper already, (for another project yet to come) but when I saw that Mary had used the Echo Park Bundle of Joy Girl Collection, it was a no brainer. Had to use it! I played around with different combinations of colors and prints, but I really think she had the right idea. Hey, if it's not broke, don't fix it! Right?

My plan is to put this in a 12x12 shadow box frame so I really wanted it to have a lot of dimension.  I may have gotten a lil crazy with the 3D glue dots, but I just couldn't visualize it in the frame (that I have yet to purchase) with anything flat on it. 
After I cut out the flower, I also cut out a piece of chipboard and glued it on top of that. I don't think this pic does it any justice, but the flower really stands out. The phrase is one I downloaded from the Silhouette Online Store by Kolette Hall and then I did a Print and Cut on the Oval.
I took a picture of the booties, just because I think they're adorable!
This picture kind of gives you a better idea how much everything stands out on the page. It'll be nice to see it in the frame.

This will probably be my last post until about the end of September, maybe even October. We are moving. Bigger house, here we come! This means I (finally) get my own craft room, and I can't wait! 

Post a Comment

Whatsapp Button works on Mobile Device only

Start typing and press Enter to search

Become a Patron!