Thursday, July 16, 2015

Lawn Fawn and Blending Lawn Fawn Inks

Hey folks!

I'm back today to share a really fun card with you all!

I just can't get enough of these Ants! They are from the Happy Summer Stamp Set by Lawn Fawn. Instead of stamping the watermelon I thought I'd try somethin a lil different and make a watermelon. Also I thought why not make it a birthday card? F. U. N.

If you are interested in any of the products I've used, I will have links for you at the end of the post!

Again, those fabulous lil Ants are from the Happy Summer Set by Lawn Fawn. I've used them before, but I've had this idea floating around in my head and thought now was a good time to give it a go. Watermelons are all over Pinterest and Instagram lately and I thought I'd jump on the ol' bandwagon. Plus they're cute. Win, win. 


Using Black Licorice Ink by Lawn Fawn I stamped the Ants and the Happy Birthday Sentiment from the Hats Off To You Stamp Set by Lawn Fawn. The Simon Says Stamp Stitched Circle Die was perfect for this. Lawn Fawn also has Stitched Circle Dies that would work great, I just don't have them. Boo!

For the card panel, I masked off a 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" piece of Neenah White Cardstock with some Post-It Tape. With a Ranger Ink Blending Tool, I started with Freshly Cut Grass Ink by Lawn Fawn and moved my way up with Lawn Fawn Celery Stick Ink (new and OMG what a lovely shade of green) and Lawn Fawn Wild Rose Ink. Then, I used the Simon Says Stamp Curved Edge Die and trimmed off the bottom. I also used my Fiskars Paper Trimmer and trimmed off the top. In hindsight, I wish I hadn't trimmed off so much. Oh well, no biggie.

The stripes at the top are the Simon Says Stamp Diagonal Stripe Stencil that I turned to make them straight and blended Lawn Fawn Wild Rose Ink over the stencil with Ranger Ink Blending Tool. I cut a small strip and adhered it to the back of the panel.

For the Watermelon Seeds, I used the Raindrops Die that are in the Spring Showers Die Set by Lawn Fawn. I cut them out of Simon Says Stamp Black Cardstock. I'm really really (no really) happy with those!

For the first time EVER, I used Lawn Fawn Lawn Trimmings in Lime. I really enjoy the feel of this. It doesn't fray and it's easy to handle. I dig it and I highly recommend it. Outside of the cord, I added some Wink of Stella (shocker, I know) and that's it for embellishments.

I mounted the panel on a piece a Neenah White Cardstock base with a piece of Fun Foam. I cut the card base with the same Simon Says Stamp Curved Edge Die. I really wish I had used a green card base or kraft, but it's cool.

That's it! I hope you enjoy it as much I enjoyed making it!

Until next time!


3 comments:

  1. How cute and creative is THIS?! I absolutely LOVE it! Thank you so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete

Whatsapp Button works on Mobile Device only

Start typing and press Enter to search

Become a Patron!