Sunday, July 5, 2015

Red White and Blue Lawn Fawn and Copic Coloring

Hey folks!

I hope that everyone had a safe and happy Fourth of July! We sure did! 

We've had so little rain this year that fireworks were banned for the evening. We're in for a nasty fire season, I'm sure. However, my heart goes out to the peeps in the Eastern part of the country...Us West Coast folks would love to take about half of your rainfall!

So are plan was to just hang out at home and veg. We were all stuffed like turkeys from dinner, everyone was getting ready to watch movies (and eat MORE food) and I was all geared to to do a blog post, when there was a knock on the door. Our neighbors were inviting us next door for some holiday festivities. My husband and I used to party like it was 1999 every Fourth of July when we were younger, so we spent most of the day trying to convince ourselves they we are NOT old and lame We accepted the invite. So I'm a day late, but it's all good!

If you're interested in any of the products I've used, I will have thumbnail links for you at the end of the post!


I love this stamp set on so many levels. It's the Dream Stamp Set by Lawn Fawn. I love how simple it is in design, but there are so many possibilities for it! I "fan girl" for anything Lawn Fawn, so it's no surprise that I really dig this one. Watercoloring is next on my agenda for this set, but this time I thought I'd do some Copic Coloring. Momento Tuxedo Black was my ink of choice on Neenah White Cardstock and I used Inkadinkado Stamping Mask Paper for mask off one of the Feathers.

I kept the embellishments simple and only added three Craft Medley Gold Sequins, but I did go over the Feathers with my Clear Wink of Stella Pen.

The paper I used for the red panel and blue card base were my inspiration for the coloring on the card. They are in the Simon Says Stamp July 2015 Card Kit. The red is Lipstick Red and the blue is Soft Navy. Simon Says Stamp kits are always rock n' roll and this one is noo different. If you don't have it, you should.

That's it peeps. I hope you like it!

Until next time!


Post a Comment

Whatsapp Button works on Mobile Device only

Start typing and press Enter to search

Become a Patron!