Friday, August 21, 2015

Simon Says Stamp August Card Kit - Hello Sunshine

Hey folks!

Summer is coming to end and I am so bummed. I love summer! So, I thought I'd try to hang on to as much of that summer feeling as I could and use the Simon Says Stamp August 2015 Card Kit at least one more time.

We've had so much smoke from fires the last few weeks, it feels like I haven't seen the sun in ages. I feel so bad for those that live closer to them. If it's bad where I live, it has to be unbearable for those that live closer to them. 

So, I wanted to concentrate on oranges for this card. The colors remind me of summer sunshine and heat. Also, these colors are gorgeous, so it was kind of a no brainer. Although there were a few steps, this card was really easy to put together. 

If you're interested in any of the products I've use, I will have link for you throughout the post!


For the Main Panel, I lined up all 3 of the Simon Says Stamp Wavy Scallop Stitches Dies on a piece of Simon Says Stamp Ivory Cardstock and ran it threw my Big Shot. Then, with a Ranger Ink Mini Blending Tool, I went over each section with Simon Says Stamp Ink in (top to bottom) Melon, Sunkist, Coral Reef and Orange Peel. 

To keep my pieces together so I could easily attach them to my Card Base, I used a piece of Glad Press'n Seal. I can't find my tape (it's grown legs and walked off) and wanted something that wouldn't add bulk behind the Card Panel. I know lots of peeps use Press'n Seal to pick up delicate die cuts so they can be put on to cards, but this worked great to keep the pieces together AND I could just leave it on the back and just run my tape runner over it. Easy Peasy.

I stamped two of the stamps from the set that comes in the Kit, and die cut both with a couple of Simon Says Stamp Stitched Circle Dies. I had stamped the word HELLO in Simon Says Stamp Smoke Ink, but it just didn't stand out enough. So, I colored it in with a Copic Marker in BG15

I love the Die that come in the Kit so much! It's great for summer, but you could totally use this for so many different cards! For this, I inked up a scrap of Neenah White Cardstock with Versamark Ink and covered that with Ranger Princess Gold Embossing Powder, then cut it out with the die. 

I finished the card off with Clear Wink of Stella and some Pretty Pink Posh Sequins in Marshmallow and that was that. I'm thinking about adding some Ranger Glossy Accents to the HELLO before I send it off. Yes, no?


Don't forget peeps, the Simon Says Stamp September Card Kit is available! If you haven't, you should get it. It's gonna be awesome.

That's it for now! I hope you enjoy!

Until next time!


Post a Comment

Whatsapp Button works on Mobile Device only

Start typing and press Enter to search

Become a Patron!